So thats what I made. I traced the pattern and then tried to find some material in my (VAST) pile. I wanted to make it out of an old indonesian Style patchwork skirt but that pleated peplum needs LOTS of material. Too much for another dress I cut up too. So I slept on it a couple of days and then remembered that I had a stripey cotton that I got in the op shop a while ago. I had been planning one of these but hey, plans change.
So here it is.
- Cut a 10/12, think it was more a 10 maybe up a bit to a 12 round the bust, did it on my measurements and I'm really pleased with the fit.
- Its summer so no sleeves for me (and not enough material either).
- Put in a good invisible zip. I've not done many and I've only got one of those plastic feet that everyone rubbishes but it worked pretty well if I say so myself.
- I didn't add any length to the torso but if I was making this again I definitely would (so maybe I do have a long torso afterall). The waist seems to sit just below my ribs which just feels a bit weird to me. Think it also make me look a bit boxier than maybe I need to.....but it not a big thing.
On a side note ....... I'm really pleased with how my finished things look recently. I think they're getting much less 'home made' looking which I'm really pleased about.
|Hmmm... Was getting a bit self concious with all the posing. Not sure this helped!|