|Little bit crinkly due to one day at work!|
These shorts were were not what I envisaged making from this fabric and are really a bit of a departure for me style wise but I'm really pleased with them. They are this 'Pleated Shorts' pattern from Burda 02/13. I had been eyeing the fabric up in Spotlight for ages (its a japanese seersucker apparently- stretchy woven, strange weave but not like seersucker). They had it in a few colours- green, orange, yellow - very 70's. Anyway I managed to get to Spotlight in Bunbury just before christmas, my 1st visit since moving from Albany in August. Needless to say I got in a bit of a sweat running around with fabric under my arms, trying to put lots back .. I think I had a felt holly garland fabric thing going on at the same time. Happy days this fabric was now less than half price and I splashed out $18 on 3 meters. Still planning to make the tunic from September Burda with the rest..and Skye has requested some shorts for her too.. think I have enough.
So the shorts - cut out a 12, serged, interfaced the waist (left this step out on the last and only other pair of shorts I have made and it rendered them unwearable) sewed, let them out a bit around the waist, congratulated myself at their good fit and my insertion of an invisible zip. Wore them to work the next day - not really the best move due to torrential rain but I had finished them the day before so you have to don't you.
- the funky stretchy material.
- Its a nice cut, I was worried the pleats would just make them too big but they don't.
- The pockets - super easy to slip your hand in, much better than inseam ones.
- Well I still haven't made any bottom half things with a front fly and I kind of want to (but don't which is why I haven't).
- The side invisible zip is really fine but I have to breathe in and yank carefully to get it onto the waist band.
- Maybe summers nearly over and I won't get the chance to wear them too much.
this pattern again from Burda.
|The sea without me in the way!|